Saving and editing videos.

ReRonin

Saving and editing videos.

Post by ReRonin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Soon, we'll be launching our youtube channel where recordings of streamers will be uploaded so they can be added to the AP.
If you want one of your videos in the AP, you will have to edit a video yourself and send it to one of the mods for review.

How to find your video.

Xsplit

Your videos are located in C:\Users\username\Videos\XSplit Recordings by default.
When you record something in xsplit make sure that the audio codec is set to mp3. This can be changed in the channel settings.
Note: You need the cracked (or paid, huehuehue) version to use the mp3 codec.

Procaster

In procaster, enable the "save video to file" option first

Once that is enabled, your videos will be saved in C:\Users\username\Videos by default.

Your video needs to be
  • Between 5 minutes and 30 minutes long
  • Recorded in high quality. (Video and Audio)
  • Safe for work
  • Entertaining (funny, interesting... something that doesn't get old too fast.)
Video Editing Programs

There are loads of different software packages you can use to edit your videos. I reccomend Camtasia studio, which you can download here. It's easy to use, especially for the basic things we will be using.
Now, I COULD explain every bit in detail, but luckily, the guys at camtasia have already done that for me. If you require some help with the software, this site has got you covered.